Friday, November 7, 2008

A look inside .... !




hmmm ....

How can I start?

Believe it or not this has been something bugging me for the past years, ever since I activated this blog. You see, the problem relies solely on how "you" the reader receive this .... that is itself a problem, specially that I have seen this action more than once, lots of people, with emphasis on lots, have blogs, all whom for a while I mistook for being artists, literature readers and writers, those who present what they see cause they want to show what they know.... bla really .... most of them just long for attention, awaiting anxiously comments that praise their work ... but don't get me wrong on that last point, bloggers are still doing a good job in connecting and informing the world, at least they aren't getting any money for it and hopefully have no political agenda to fulfill...

Apparently I strayed away form the issue... The problem with longing for attention is simple, "When you write for someones approval you might tend to bend your thoughts to get it.".

So back to the question, "How to start?",
Every time I want to write about something, I tend to get lost in the thought of people who are going to read my post. Something that obviously distorted my chain of thought, influenced my doubts and increased my fear, the greatest of all fear of being REJECTED.
Believe it or not, I had lots of good ideas to start this blog. One about writing what happened with my car, a story that is both funny and meaningful, but it wasn't to be. Another idea is writing about future ads that have purpose to teach us that what we want might not always be the thing that we want, which you can see why it didn't work. I will not bore you with ideas that are .... well either trivial or failed attempts to an imaginary attention.

Now, let me tell you this as clear as possible.... "This is not a blog, for anyone to read."
This is simply my ideas to myself, explained by it being nothing to show anyone... It is my work directed at an audience of one ... ME .... but before you might get the idea that I'm sort of a self centered person, let me clarify that these are simply my thoughts, something that in itself is categorized as a conversation with yourself.
My idea is therefore simple, get some of my conversations out of my head and address them to me .... That way I can enjoy my writing, without being bugged with the thought of ACCEPTANCE, because me will always accept me, me will always like and respect my ideas and me will hopefully always read what I wrote............

So the next time you read the word "YOU" know that it in fact isn't you, but "ME", or at least the "Audience ME". A thought that would itself have needed explanation, if the audience, depicted in me, didn't already understand my idea.

Yet, just in case that "you", was actually a "you", that isn't me. "I would kindly ask you to take a place at the back of the room, THE SHOW IS ABOUT TO START."

PS: sanity might not be included.

2 comments:

Sara Mustafa said...

Hey, welcome! Sara M. here. Bring the posts on then!
I admit, I've been through the same dilemma, if a dilemma is what it is. I have a thing for words, whether I'm on the giving or receiving end. I have therefore been attracted to and repelled by numerous blogs for their sheer literary display. In this context, I thought I might find me some room in this world and three years back in fact, I started my blog but to this day, it remains private. It isn't merely about having a way with words, it's also about personality. Of all the blogs I've frequented, I could classify their authors into either agenda-serving or self-conscious writers. The former draws a picture of his surroundings to inform the masses and share his opinions on matters of public interest, the latter is really just maintaining a public diary that might or might not resonate with other Internet commuters who are just as self-conscious and seeking to nibble on the internal affairs of similarly-poised individuals. There are a couple of the latter kind that I follow, balancing literary skill and witty self-expression. The more sincere they remain to their person, the better. These blogs take an unattractive turn once the author broadens his consciousness to include his readers in the chemistry that governs the makings of the blog. So... write for your sake and for the sake of writing, please, and do expect a silent appreciative audience.

Salem El Sayed said...

Thanks for that nice comment ... !!!

To tell you the truth ... There are lots of blogs that I respect and follow ... Yet to me the internet ever since facebook has turned into a cheering tool for your friends ... disregarding whether their work is worth cheering on or not .....

Anyway it could be me who has a problem ... in all cases it is one that I hope to avoid .....